Thursday, December 10, 2015

Let's Play 20 Questions . . . Plus 15

Since I've been sadly lacking in ideas for interesting blog posts lately (maybe it's the visions of sugarplums dancing in my head), I'm resorting to these questions (and my answers to same) that I saw posted on the Internet a few years ago.  Here we go.

1)  Do you like blue cheese?
      No!  That stuff is moldy, you know.

2)  Have you ever smoked?
      Yes, for one (stupid) year in college.

3)  Do you own a gun?  
      "Property protected by Smith & Wesson 4 Days A week.  You Pick 
      the Days."  (That's not original.  It's something I've heard my 
      daughter say.)

4)  What flavor of Kool Aid is your favorite?
      Grape, hands down, but I haven't had any for decades.

5)  Do you get nervous before dental appointments?
      Yes, but not as much as I used to.

6)  What do you think of hot dogs?
      I only eat organic chicken hot dogs.  They're good.

7)  What's your favorite Christmas movie?
      White Christmas.

8)  What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
      Latte, homemade.

9)  Can you do push-ups?
      Sure, but only about 5.  Okay, maybe 3.  Or 2.

10)  What's your favorite piece of jewelry?
        My wide gold wedding band.

11)  What's your favorite hobby?
        Quilting.  With knitting running a close second.

12)  Do you have A.D.D.?
        Nope, too lazy to be that active.

13)  Do you wear glasses or contacts?
        Gotta have 'em for close work.  Sigh.

14)  What's your middle name?
        Ann.  Although I use my maiden name in my "official" signature.

15)  What are your thoughts at this moment?
        I wish those dirty dinner dishes in the kitchen would magically
        wash themselves.

16)  Name 3 drinks you regularly consume.
        Lattes, black tea (always iced), and kombucha.

17)  What is a current worry of yours?
        Terrorism.

18)  What do you currently hate?
        My uninhabited quilt room.  Because it's uninhabited.

19)  Where is your favorite place to be?
        Home.  I'm definitely a home-body.

20)  What do you plan on doing on New Year's Eve this year?
        Being home with husband before an open fire trying to stay
        up until 2016 arrives, but we usually give up and go to bed a little
        after 10 p.m.

21)  To where would you like to travel?
        The East Coast and the Maritime Provinces.

22)  Name three people you think will do this questionnaire on their
        blog.
        That's a hard one.  I could guess, but I don't want to put pressure
        one anyone.  (It's a busy time of year.)

23)  Do you own slippers?
        Huh?  Dancing?  Ballet?  Bedroom?  No.  No.  Yes.

24)  What color shirt are you wearing?
        Emerald green turtleneck and pale green hoodie.

25)  Do you like sleeping on satin sheets?
        Never tried, but they sound cold.

26)  Can you whistle?
        Yup, but just as off-key as I can sing. 

27)  What is your favorite color?
        Orange.  Everybody gives me a hard time about wearing so much
        of it.

28)  What songs do you sing in the shower?
        None.  It would be too frightening.  (See #26 above.)

29)  Would you be a pirate?
        Heck, no.  I'm afraid of big ships.

30)  What's in your pocket right now?
        A bent roofing nail (we finished a little job yesterday) and a used
        tissue.

31)  What's the last thing that made you laugh?
        Oh, gosh.  Hubby, daughter and I laughed until the tears rolled
        today when adorable two-year old boy twin walked toward Papa 
        Pea with his little lips pursed and head pointed skyward to give a 
        good-bye kiss, forgot there was a step in front of him and went
        down like a rock.  Don't worry, Papa Pea saved him.  (Maybe
        you had to be there.)

32)  What vehicle do you drive?
        '93 Suburban.  (RIP, my beloved, old '84 Toyota Tercel.)

33)  What's the worst injury you've ever had?
        Broken nose.  Ouch.  Owie.  OW-EEE.

34)  Do you love where you live?
        Yes!

35)  Would you change your first name if you could?
        Absolutely.  I've never thought mine fit me.

Okay, now all the rest of you out there . . . how about YOU copying and posting these same questions on your blog with your answers.  Come on, I double dare ya. 

P.S.  Sorry about the wonky line spacing.  I couldn't get Blogger to print it the way I wanted.  :o(

22 comments:

Susan said...

Thank goodness! I was about to despair vis a vis my lack of blog posts and you saved me! :). Plus I found out some really nifty things about you....

Mama Pea said...

Susan - You go, Girl! Can't wait to read your answers!

Michelle said...

I HAVE to resist...still haven't written our Christmas letter!

Sue said...

I just love finding out the little things about folks.
And at least you only had 1 stupid year of smoking. I'm even dumber than I look--I smoked for 31 years. Dumb dumb dumb........
Can't do the list. I am SO behind. But thank you for doing it. Funny and interesting!

Laurie said...

We share middle names! Hope you get to visit the east coast. Lots of pretty places to see.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Oh my gosh, that is a lot of into. I was going to give my answers, but it may take a blog post to do it, ha ha!

Sandy Livesay said...

Mama Pea,

I've learned a few things about you. You've intrigued me, I may have a few moments to copy, paste, and complete your post of questions on my blog.

Mama Pea said...

Michelle - At least you're still planning to write a Christmas letter. I haven't done so in years now. (She confesses as she hangs her head in shame.)

Mama Pea said...

Sue - The important thing is that you quit smoking! And I know that wasn't easy.

Mama Pea said...

Laurie - "Ann" is probably a fairly common middle name . . . or at least it used to be before folks got so creative!

My "from afar" love of the East Coast is why I drool so much over your blog pictures.

Mama Pea said...

Kristina - I'll look forward to it if you do a blog post of the questions and your answers!

Mama Pea said...

Sandy - I'd love it if you do!

Dawn said...

Done mine over on my blog good questions :-)

Sue in Suffolk said...

.....and I found them on Dawns blog and copied them to do on mine, nice quick questions with quick answers

Mark said...

Posted!

Unknown said...

Love it!
Also protected by Smith and Wesson! :) Too bad I don't know how to cut and paste. I sure can't manage that. I tried really hard the other night again......

Leigh said...

These have been fun to read! I've especially been interested in everybody's favorite Christmas movies!

hoosier girl said...

I'm working on this today! Fun!

Unknown said...

I'm in :)

wvhiker said...

Done!

Mama Pea said...

Gosh, so many of you took the time to answer these (sometimes) silly questions. Love the little peek it gave us all into tidbits about ourselves we've not shared in our blog posts. Hmmmm, maybe we need more "tell alls!" Thanks again for entering into the fun. :o}

Cindy Brick said...

I did it, too...

http://cindybrick.blogspot.com/2015/12/twenty-er-35-questions.html