Friday, February 14, 2014

Knitted Scarf - Berry Pattern

I haven't been getting much done on my quilted shower curtain.  Just too darn much to do during a day's time.  In the evening, I've been plopping my tush down on the couch and watching some of the Olympics.  I can't sit there with idle hands, though, so a couple of days ago I took some time to sort through the jumble of bags and baskets in a corner of my quilting room to find some handwork to do while watching TV.

My goodness!  Who knew I had so many unfinished projects in that heap of yarn and patterns?

I decided to work on this scarf which I finished last night . . . hooray!


It's a cotton yarn so the scarf is meant to be worn more as an accessory (although not necessarily with this gray sweatshirt I have on today!) than something to keep my neck warm.


I like this pattern because even the back, or wrong side, is attractive.  (In this picture the right side is on the right, flip side on the left.)  It's called the "berry" pattern.  I've used it to make a scarf once before, but this one I think I'll keep for myself.  It is orange, and we all know orange is my color!

Happy Valentine's Day to y'all!  We're celebrating by doing some snow removal.  I just came in from shoveling off the front deck.  The piles of snow surrounding the deck are so high now that it's hard to throw the snow over them without it tumbling back at me.  We got around 6-8" yesterday but had winds that caused a bit of drifting.  Papa Pea shoveled a drift away from the door before I could even get out to the deck.   Hope all of you who are experiencing some winter weather in the south and east are warm and safe. 

16 comments:

DFW said...

Beautiful scarf Mama Pea!

Mama Pea said...

DFW - Thank you! It was fun to knit . . . even though I did have to keep track of every row!

tpals said...

Don't you find it difficult to pick up a pattern where you left off a long time ago?

Mama Pea said...

tpals - For sure! BUT at least I was smart enough when working on this scarf to stick a note in with the yarn and needles (and pattern) indicating what row I had just finished so I knew what row to begin again on. Whew! Unfortunately, I finished a child's hat last night that I failed to do the same on and it took me quite a while (counting stitches over and over) to figure out just where on the crown decreasing I was!! Win some, lose some.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

The scarf looks great. I too have a heap of unfinished projects here. Happy Valentine's Day!

judy said...

gorgeous ,beautiful ,aw some ,did I say beautiful yet? oh ,the scarf of coarse ,too bad it isn't red ♥ Happy valentines day

Lisa B said...

Orange is my girls favorite color so I have knit several scarves in orange. I like this pattern.

Candy C. said...

I like the berry pattern! It is always so rewarding to get a project finished that has been sitting for awhile. Oh, and I forgot to tell you how AWESOME the shower curtain is looking! :)

Mama Pea said...

Kristina - You may have a heap of unfinished projects . . . but you get many, many, many projects done!

Mama Pea said...

judy - If the scarf were red, you would be tryin' to steal it from me! ;o)

Mama Pea said...

Lisa - Yay, more orange lovers in the world!

Mama Pea said...

Candy C. - Thanks! I'm on a roll getting things done . . . two hats and am working on the second sock of a pair. No work on the shower curtain though. That will come, too.

daisy g said...

It's so lovely. I hope to be good enough to complete a scarf like that! Nice work!

Mama Pea said...

daisy g - Thank you! Knitting just takes a little practice . . . like so much else!

Lisa said...

Ooooo, pretty scarf. That looks lovely! You are ready for Spring!! - probably in more ways than one?! I know I sure am.

PS we only got @2" of snow and it all melted by the day before Valentine's Day - and now we're expecting 70 this week? Weird, weird, weird. Hope your weather warms up soon for you too.

Mama Pea said...

Lisa - Surprised to hear you got only 2" of snow. We got another 8-9" yesterday. Today our temp has warmed to almost 30° -- wow! -- so snow removal this morning was a little more strenuous. Heavy snow rather than the light stuff we've had with the colder temps all winter so far.