Thursday, June 27, 2013

"Happy Endings" Goes To . . .

Many thanks to all of you who entered the drawing for the quilt book, Happy Endings - Finishing the Edges of Your Quilt.

I had Papa Pea pick a name out of the bowl I'd put all entries in and the winner is . . .


 I hope you'll get some good use from this book, Katie.  If you'll go over to the Contact Me button on my right hand side bar and send me an e-mail with your mailing address, I'll get the book off to you asap.


 Our lilacs are finally in full bloom and this is the first bouquet I cut for the house.  I snapped this picture at a little after eight o'clock last night.  Looking out the window behind the flowers you can see the heavy fog which came (again) to visit us after our rain in the afternoon.

This morning is giving us some sunshine already, but the dew outside is nearly heavy enough to warrant hip boots.  (Sure wish I could send you some of our good moisture, Tombstone Livestock!)

Congrats on winning the quilt book, Katie, and I hope all of you have a good day.

14 comments:

Katidids said...

WOOOOOOOT! I'm doing a happy dance! (although I feel a bit guilty as I've won before) It will be put to good use! Thank you!

tpals said...

Lilacs...I thought we were running late this year but you're a month behind us! Our peonies are blooming now (though they don't smell good for some reason).

Tombstone Livestock said...

Love your lilacs, wish we had smellavision here. I wish you could send me some of that rain also. Just posted another picture of the dry brown grass.

Susan said...

Congrats, Katydids! We had a thick fog this morning, too, Mama Pea. Luckily, I got Bernie out for a quick walk before she went back into freakazoid mode.

Michelle said...

Congrats Katie! I love lilacs. I have one bush in the back yard .Hoping to add more.

Sandy Livesay said...

Congratulations Katie!!!

Mama Pea said...

Katidids - Don't feel guilty . . . everyone entered had the same chance of winning. You're just a lucky ducky right now! And you're welcome.

Mama Pea said...

tpals - Funny you should comment about your peonies not having their usual lovely smell this year. Although the lilacs here have some of their wonderful scent, I don't think it's nearly as strong as usual. Hunh.

Mama Pea said...

Tombstone Livestock - Just had to come inside because of ANOTHER thunderstorm so am just starting to catch up on blog posts. I'll go next to check out your pics and post.

Mama Pea said...

Susan - Good thing Bernie's not here right now. We've got thunder and lightning . . . but not heavy rain so far . . . just splurges of big, fat drops and then it stops.

Mama Pea said...

Michelle - We have only 1-1/2 lilac bushes (long story) but every year we say we want to add more . . . lots more. Even when not blooming, they make such a lovely hedge.

Sparkless said...

OH MY!I can't believe your lilacs just bloomed. Ours have been finished for over a month now. I always think of you being a lot farther south than we are.

Mama Pea said...

Sparkless - We are, technically, south of you! But you definitely have a more tempered climate, that's for sure.

Lisa said...

Congratulations Katidids! Love lilacs and yours are beautiful. Can't believe the fog is still hanging around you guys. When it's not 90 degrees, seems its raining here.